EXPERIENCE AUSTRALIA GROUP PTY LTD
ACN 614 713 003
GREAT SOUTHERN RAIL PTY LTD
ACN 079 476 949
GREAT SOUTHERN RAIL TRAVEL PTY LTD
ACN 088 933 742
CRUISE WITHSUNDAYS PTY LTD
ACN 105 420 737
ROTTNEST FERRIES PTY LTD
ACN 144 851 052
Your Privacy is Important to Us
Experience Australia Group Pty Ltd, Great Southern Rail Pty Ltd, Great Southern Rail Travel Pty Ltd, Cruise Whitsundays Pty Ltd, Rottnest Ferries Pty Ltd, and any related companies that may be incorporated from time to time (collectively referred to as Experience Australia Group, we, us, and our) are committed to the protection of your personal information in accordance with the APPs.
Collection of Personal Information
Experience Australia Group only collects personal information which is necessary in connection with its business purposes. These purposes include:
- to provide you with travel services on services offered by Experience Australia Group;
- to answer your queries, and provide you with information in relation to travel and accommodation options, packages, and other activities; and
- to arrange, process and make reservations for travel, accommodation, packages and other activities on your behalf, to invoice you for confirmed travel arrangements, and to complete related transactions.
- To provide, deliver, administer, improve and personalize our products and services
- To carry out product reviews, data processing, data analysis, business consulting, auditing, archiving, printing, delivery and mailing services
- Fraud prevention and credit checks
The specific types of personal information collected and used by Experience Australia Group varies according to the purpose for collection, but in general this information includes:
- your name, address, and contact details (e.g. telephone number, facsimile number and email address);
- demographic information like age, gender, and location
- credit card details and pensioner/concession information (if applicable);
- travel, accommodation and activity details;
- vehicle details (e.g. model, make and registration);
- any health issues that may be relevant in relation to your proposed travel or activity arrangements, including dietary requirements (if any); and
- any other special requirements that you may have.
- Information from web browsers when you visit our websites, such as server address, domain name, the pages you visited, the page you came from, the type of browser, and selected information for statistical purposes
Experience Australia Group collects most of the personal information it requires directly from you, by way of written forms and other correspondence (such as facsimiles, letters and emails), by telephone, in person, by our representatives, and via our websites. We may also collect personal information about you from third parties, including travel agents, booking agents, travel representatives, market research companies contracted by us to obtain information to assist us in improving and marketing our services, and brochure distribution companies that collect information for the purpose of providing you with information about Experience Australia Group 's services.
It is important that Experience Australia Group collects the information it requires about you. Without this information, we may not be able to provide you with our services. We will always use fair and lawful means for collecting your personal information, and we will enable you to interact with us anonymously (and even pseudonymously) whenever possible, practicable and lawful.
Before providing personal information about another individual to Experience Australia Group (such as when making a travel booking for a family member travelling with you), you must first ensure that they are aware of:
- the disclosure of their information to Experience Australia Group and the purposes for which the information is collected by us; and
- that individual's ability to request access to the personal information held about them by Experience Australia Group, and to advise us if they think the information is inaccurate, incomplete, irrelevant, misleading or out-of-date.
Use and disclosure of Personal Information
Experience Australia Group may use and disclose your personal information for the primary purpose for which the information was collected (see above, Collection of Personal Information), reasonably expected secondary purposes, where you have consented, and otherwise in accordance with the APPs, including:
- to process and make reservations for your travel, accommodation and activity arrangements, and to facilitate other transactions relating to those arrangements (including disclosing your information to travel agents, booking agents, travel representatives, accommodation and activity service providers and other carriers, tour operators and transport companies who will be providing us or you with services in relation to your travel plans);
- to provide you with information from time to time about the goods and services offered by Experience Australia Group and third parties, including updates, special deals and other information about travel options, packages and activities that can be booked through Experience Australia Group. (You may notify us by email at email@example.com or by writing to our Privacy Officer at the address set out below at any time if you do not wish to receive this information);
- to maintain a relationship with you as a member of our individual companies’ email databases or other marketing databases or member programs;
- to conduct surveys and other market research to assist us in assessing and improving our services;
- where required or authorised by law; and
- where required for administrative purposes and all other purposes reasonably associated with Experience Australia Group 's business.
We may disclose your information to third party contractors and service providers engaged by Experience Australia Group from time to time to provide goods or services to us or on our behalf, including entities located overseas (including email and mail handling providers, financial and credit service providers, market research providers, caterers, and those engaged to provide on-train services including luggage handling and check-in). Where we do disclose your personal information outside Australia, the countries in which such recipients are likely to be located are the United States of America, the United Kingdom and Japan. Where third parties such as these are engaged, we will ensure that they are bound by, or contractually required to uphold, the standards of the APPs.
Your information may be shared between the companies in the Experience Australia Group, including Experience Australia Group Pty Ltd, Great Southern Rail Pty Ltd, Great Southern Rail Travel Pty Ltd, Cruise Whitsundays Pty Ltd, Rottnest Ferries Pty Ltd and with any related companies that are incorporated from time to time.
Data Quality, Storage and Security
We strive to ensure that all personal information held in our records is accurate, complete, relevant and up-to-date.
Personal information is held in a combination of electronic (and in some cases, hard copy) records stored securely at Experience Australia Group 's facilities. Electronic information is protected by password security and other data protection measures.
Access to personal information is restricted, in accordance with Experience Australia Group 's procedures, to those personnel whose job functions require access to that information.
Certain administrative functions may from time to time be contracted out to third parties, and in these cases appropriate security measures are implemented to ensure the security and integrity of all personal information.
Access and Correction
You may obtain access to the information Experience Australia Group holds about you by writing to our Privacy Officer as detailed below.
In accordance with the APPs, we may deny access to requests for access to information in certain circumstances, including where:
- providing access would have an unreasonable impact upon the privacy of another individual;
- providing access to the information would be unlawful, or Australian law or an order of a court/tribunal permits us to deny access;
- we have reason to suspect that unlawful activity or misconduct of a serious nature relating to our functions or activities has been engaged in, and giving access would be likely to prejudice us taking appropriate action;
- the information relates to existing or anticipated legal proceedings, or would prejudice Experience Australia Group 's commercial negotiations with you or other individuals; or
- in our opinion, the request is frivolous or vexatious.
If we are required or authorised by law to refuse to provide you with access to your personal information, we will give you written reasons for that refusal and how you may complain about our decision.
We may require identification documents to accompany an access request and may also charge a fee for providing access (limited to the amount of our reasonable expenses incurred in responding to your request, including photocopying and administrative expenses). We will not charge a fee for you to lodge a request for access.
We may provide you with access to your personal information by hard copy, or by allowing you to view our records.
We will correct any personal information we hold about you where we become aware it is inaccurate, incomplete, irrelevant, misleading or out of date. Please let us know if any of your personal details change.
Complaints, Concerns or Further Information
If you believe we have breached our obligations under the Privacy Act (including the APPs), or if you have any other queries or concerns regarding your privacy and the way we handle your personal information, please contact Experience Australia Group 's Privacy Officer using the contact details below. We will endeavour to provide you with further information, or in the case of a complaint we will investigate your complaint and provide you with a response within 14 days (or such shorter period as agreed).
Point of Contact
The Privacy Officer Marketing Department Experience Australia Group PO Box 445 Marleston Business Centre SA 5033